Sunday 11 November 2012

Film Treatment

Working Title: "Postered".

This is my first idea:

A voice over from one of the characters will say: 

"I used to be so close to my family, like there was an unknown force that was holding us together. But one day, a stranger came and took me....pulled me away from everybody else. Now all of my family are being torn apart."
-We see (what appears to be) an ordinary man who is doing work in an office. He doesn't even realise it, but he has just brutally murdered and decapitated a whole community. He does not have a split personality or any other mental disorder; knowing this, it may confuse the audiance until they find out what actually happened.

(I'm not sure whether make this so that it's all metaphorical and with a deeper meaning, or to do it physically as though a family have literally just been killed.)

  • The genre is Abstract Horror.
  • The story is told from an unconventional perspective.
  • Contains hints and small bits showing the kidnapper.
  • The family are revealed all together right at the end, so it is like seeing them from before they had been abducted.
  • It may become a bit of an anti-climax to some people.

Inspiration from:

    A pack of Post-It Notes
    Wong Fu Productions
    The Jubilee Project

My idea is to show the events happening from a no-human's point of view, just like in this short film.

The company behind this work is called Wong Fu Productions, they often create abstract drama pieces.









I found that in this production, the narrative technique was very interesting an I wanted to make mine in a similar way. The characters in this film use post-it notes to convey messages to each other and also to the audience.

Although the genre of this if romantic, I decided I wanted to use the props in much the same way










However, I have chosen to take a more realistic approach to this first idea and turn the man into a young woman's stalker. I have kept with the theme of a murderer but now they main focus is of real people. This is because my original idea was probably too complex so I decided to simplify it.




No comments:

Post a Comment